Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade puppet theater

I am not a big fan on commenting the weather, when there isn't anything we can do about it, but enough is enough. I really feel how my kids already miss playing outdoors.

However, mama has a solution - DIY toys.  They really provide you multiple benefits - you are having fun, you recycle, the boredom is gone and you forget about the rainy weather.


So we decided to make a puppet theater. Finally all those numerous stuffed toys found their purpose in life.


Notice how Cars mania still lasts in our house

We pasted several boxes one to each other (we used duct tape). I perforated the bottom of the top box and added some curtains ( I hung fabrics craps on a plain plastic rod), and the show was ready to begin.


We also had another, simpler version with a garden house made ​​of plastic tubes and which originally had a plastic cover, but was torn apart in the heat of the game. Here we used old blankets and sheets for a stage:







If you really do not have any boxes or a garden house, you can use a sofa or a lower cabinet / dresser. Only thing important is to play ......



Let the game begin!


Serenity youWe Made ThatA Mom With a Lesson Plan

7 comments:

  1. I love how you repurposed things you had to make cool puppet theaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are great fans of recycling. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. My kids gonna love this project. Thanks for sharing. I want to steal this idea. :)

    Found you on thesits, and happy to follow.
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so cute! I found you on we made that link! am following....hope you can visit me and follow back

    am also hosting a bloglovin hop party, if you would like to join :)

    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon! It could even been for a whole day. Half the day making the theater and half the day playing. Sounds delightful.
    Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will ever be this crafty, but I applaud you!!!
    Leslie from sweetmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...