Monday, November 5, 2012

Rapunzel hair made of a potato sack

After Merida, we are delighted by another Disney heroine. This time it is Rapunzel, the main character in the cartoon "Tangled." If you haven't seen it, I really recommend you to do it, because it has a message for adults and parents as well - talking about how it is not possible to keep the kids "under a glass bell", because children eventually find their way out.

And here's how we used the old potato sack to make a Rapunzel inspired craft. Proudly I can say that it is made out of 100% recycled materials. Besides the already mentioned potato sack, we have used thin cardboard packaging as a base, and the dress is made ​​out of old magazines. I have started by drawing a face (I admit, my drawing skills haven't really progressed since the days of primary school ;), then I've cut all the necessary parts, and my "big girl" pasted it on the cardboard. She also tried cutting, but it didn't end well, since she is still learning how to use scissors. Mental note to Mom: you can finally buy children's scissors!









It took us about 15-20 minutes to prepare it - it is all very simple, quick and easy, as usual in our little art workshop!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...